Benefits of HBOT in recovery:
- reduced swelling,
- faster healing of wounds
- less infectious complications
- faster return to normal life and work
- reduced risk of repeated surgery
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy can significantly boost treatment and recovery rates after many injuries and infections. The combination of increased pressure and high oxygen concentration causes more oxygen to dissolve into blood and tissues. This dissolved oxygen can penetrate those places in the body where the oxygen-transferring red blood cells do not get to revitalize the tissue that suffers from insufficient blood flow. Increased oxygen levels in tissues stimulate healing processes, migrate white blood cells into infection, create new blood vessels, and thereby boost fibroblasts that form new tissues.
HBO Technology Center consists of a HAUX-STARMED 2200 / 5,5 / XL 12-point pressure chamber of the German manufacturer HAUX-Life Support, GmbH with additional 2 pre-chamber positions. The patient can also be treated on the bed in the chamber.
The maximum operating pressure of the chamber is 5 bar (6.5 ATA). The standard equipment includes built-in fully automated fire extinguishers, patient audio / video monitoring, air conditioning, computer / manual exposure control, oxygen saturation measurement in %, O2 % content in chamber atmosphere, suction device. A storage chamber - tunnel, is a part of the chamber.
The chamber is filled (pressurized) with air (not 100% oxygen as it is for 1-chamber chambers), 100% of the medical oxygen alone is inhaled by patients through closed-circuit masks.
- capacity for 12 people
- possibility of bedded patient
- max. operating pressure 5 bar
- filling with atmospheric air
- audio / video monitoring of the patient
- automated exposure control
- measurement of% saturation of oxygen and% oxygen content in the atmosphere of the chamber
- inhalation of medicinal oxygen through closed-circuit masks
- audio and video system for the patient
- integrated fire extinguishers